Create a real impact
Captivate the Future Competition
What happens next?
After submitting your video:
- Our team will review your video and provide you with personal feedback.
- All videos will be uploaded to YouTube.
- Our judges will select 10 Finalists in October 2020.
- The 10 Finalists will share their Captivate the Future message to an audience of prominent leaders, innovators and politicians!
- Prizes will be awarded!
- All participants will be encouraged to join the next competition so they can continue building their skills and confidence.
What are you waiting for? Captivate the Future today!
Join our Google Classroom and start learning!
To view the videos:
Open Google Classroom in your internet browser (https://classroom.google.com/)
Sign in using a personal Gmail email account (Note: Google Classroom does not accept school email accounts)
Enrol in the Captivate The Future classroom by typing the code b2id2sg
At the end of this program, you will have written and refined a speech that can be presented in less than 5 minutes in the Captivate The Future Competition!
Captivate the Future 2020 Terms & Conditions
1. Captivate the Future 2020 is a public speaking competition designed to build skills and confidence in the next generation. It is open to young people who are in the equivalent of Grade 7 – 12 during the 2020 calendar year.
2. Participation is voluntary and free.
3. Captivate the Future’s most important rule is this: Talk about something you’re passionate about!
4. Individuals who enter the competition must complete an entry form and submit a video of themselves presenting their speech. The video must be no longer than 5 minutes, and must be filmed horizontally.
5. Captivate the Future 2020’s entry form is downloadable via this link.
6. Captivate the Future 2020 entry forms must be fully completed. If forms are incomplete, they cannot be accepted in the competition. To complete the entry form fully, you will need to record your:
i. Full name
iii. School Grade
iv. Email address
v. Contact phone number
vi. Download link to your video file (to enable us to download the file)
vii. If you are under 18 years of age you must also record your:
a. Parent or Guardian’s full name
b. Parent or Guardian’s email address
c. Parent or Guardian’s contact phone number
7. Entry forms/videos must be submitted by no later than 10pm on Friday 16th October 2020. Submitted after this time/date cannot be accepted in the competition.
8. All videos will be uploaded to YouTube, and will be viewable by the general public. By submitting your entry form, you (and your Parent/Guardian if you are under the age of 18) are providing Captivate the Future with permission to upload your video to YouTube and all intellectual property rights associated with your video . We are committed to protecting your privacy:
i. Your Full Name and School Grade will be posted/displayed with your video on YouTube.
ii. Your age, email address, and contact phone number will not be posted/displayed on YouTube.
9. By submitting your entry form and video, you (and your Parent/Guardian if you are under the age of 18) are acknowledging that you have permission to use all underlying content in your video, and that your video does not infringe the rights, including copyright, of any third party. Any breaches or infringements are the financial and legal responsibility of the video entrant. If we become aware of a breach/infringement, the video will be removed from YouTube and entrant will be excluded from the Captivate the Future competition.
10. Videos deemed as racist, abusive, insensitive or have any possibility of creating aggravated tension will not be uploaded to YouTube, and will be reviewed by Captivate the Future Board.
11. By submitting your entry form and video, you are granting Captivate the Future and Academy of Speakers an indefinite, non-exclusive licence to use your video within their marketing and educational materials as related to this competition and to its program. This may include Captivate the Future and Academy of Speakers showing your video to the public, or granting third parties permission to show the video to the public for purposes of exhibition, promotion and education by any means including, but not limited to, the internet, cable, satellite, television or cinema broadcast and any media yet to be devised. You will retain the copyright for your video.
12. Entrants will be judged on their idea/topic, their perspective and their passion. We’re looking for individuals who seek to change the world. For more information on public speaking structure, please refer to https://bit.ly/2nGY7OE.
13. All judging decisions are final. Captivate the Future judges may consider viewer popularity in rendering their decision; however, the greatest weight in the judgement of each video will be based on the speech meeting the judging criteria as outlined above.
14. Prizes must be claimed within one month of receiving notification of winning. Failure to claim a prize within one month of notification will deem the prize to have been forfeited. Any prizes awarded are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
16. By submitting your entry to Captivate the Future 2020 you agree that you have read and understood these terms and conditions, and that you agree to be bound by them. If you are under 18 years of age, the Parent/Guardian named in your entry confirms that they have read and understood these terms and conditions and they agree to be bound by them.